Sunday 11 September 2011

Cheltenham Lido

Cheltenham Lido is a wonderful place.
I am a huge fan of outdoor swimming and have been meaning to visit Portishead Open Air Swimming Pool for a long time now, but when I finally had a free day in which to do so, which was sunny enough to enjoy in an outdoor pool, the person I was going to swim with, and who was to drive, suggested Cheltenham Lido instead.
Eventually, after attacking housework and all the other things which hold up a Sunday, we got there at 4pm, and dived straight in. It was glorious. Heated, long (at over 50m) and lovely. The grounds are green, with a cafe at the end, the decor is quite refined, and the atmosphere is of good old fashioned fun.
I sincerely wish Bristol had a lido. One you can afford to swim in I mean, so that discounts the Clifton one. If I could, I'd swim outdoors all the time, as I just love cold water, fresh air and exercise.
After 30 lengths we got out, showered, ate chips and headed home, feeling healthy, happy and tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment